AT&T External Applicant Privacy Notice for International Applicants (Candidates)
AT&T’s Commitment to Data Protection
AT&T is committed to fulfilling our responsibilities in relation to collection, retention, use, and other processing of personal data that is within the scope of law. Personal data will be processed only for lawful and appropriate purposes. AT&T has implemented measures designed to ensure security of personal data and to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, erasure, or other misuse. AT&T will facilitate exercise of data subject rights in an effective and transparent manner.
Why have you received this Notice?
This AT&T External Applicant Privacy Notice (Notice) applies to individuals applying for positions with AT&T. Specifically, this Notice explains AT&T’s commitment to your privacy and encompasses AT&T’s compliance with regional, country-specific, and local privacy and data protection laws and regulations (e.g., European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation) and how this affects you as a candidate applying for employment with AT&T. This Notice defines key terms and answers important questions, such as who is covered and how AT&T operates within those requirements.
What Personal Data about you does AT&T Process?
To process your application for employment with AT&T, you will need to provide:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Postal Code
- Position of Interest
- Work experience
- Skills, knowledge and experience
- Job preferences (e.g. Salary, shift, location etc)
- Notice period (if applicable)
- Country specific ‘Right to work’ confirmation
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring (optional)
- Identification documentation (if requested)
This information is referred to as “personal data” throughout this Notice.
Why does AT&T Process Personal Data about you?
AT&T processes personal data to consider your application for employment with AT&T. AT&T processes personal data pursuant to established and appropriate lawful bases for processing. These are:
- Processing for one or more specific purposes for which you have given consent. Your consent authorizes us to process your personal data in connection with your application and employment with AT&T. You may withdraw your consent at any time, but this will impact our ability to consider your application.
- Processing necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by AT&T. AT&T has certain legitimate and lawful interests in processing personal data. These could include processing for internal administrative purposes, personal and network security, and direct marketing.
In this Notice, “processing” generally means any use of, or operation carried out with, personal data, such as collection, access, reproduction, transmission, filing, storage, deletion, modification, transfer, dissemination or extraction.
Who has access to Personal Data about you?
Personal data will be disclosed, to the extent required for the above purposes, to appropriate and authorized recipients. Recipients may include AT&T personnel and third-party service providers and subcontractors that support AT&T in assessing candidates. AT&T may provide aggregate, non-identifiable information about job seekers to other third parties for career marketing, job advertising, or other analysis.
Third parties given access to personal data will be required to use appropriate security measures consistent with legal requirements when processing personal data and, where the third party is processing such personal data on behalf of AT&T, to do so only pursuant to AT&T’s instructions.
AT&T may disclose personal data if compelled to do so by a court of law or lawfully requested to do so by a relevant governmental authority using the appropriate means of request or if AT&T determines it is necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or to protect or defend AT&T’s rights, property or employees.
Where is Personal Data about you Processed?
AT&T has centralized administrative activities to better manage the global business. That centralization may result in the transfer of personal data outside of your work country. For example, your personal data may be transferred for processing in the United States of America.
When is Personal Data about you deleted?
Personal data will be retained for eighteen (18) months unless you notify us to delete it sooner. Once we delete your data we will no longer be able to consider you for job openings.
How may you manage Processing of Personal Data?
You have certain rights regarding processing of personal data. AT&T is committed to honoring these rights and has established clear and accessible policies and procedures.
- Right to Notice. AT&T provides you with this AT&T External Applicant Privacy Notice, detailing how personal data is processed, including the entities with which AT&T has shared your data.
- Right to Revoke Consent. You may withdraw your grant of consent at any time and AT&T will stop processing and delete your data, subject to AT&T’s right to retain the data as allowed for lawful purposes, including to comply with its legal obligations and to use it exclusively on an anonymized basis.
- Right of Access. You may obtain from AT&T confirmation as to whether personal data is being processed and, if it is, access to the personal data and additional information about the processing of that data.
- Right to Correction/Rectification. You may have inaccurate personal data corrected and have incomplete personal data made complete.
- Right to Deletion. You may have personal data deleted in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. You may have additional processing of personal data temporarily prohibited while the accuracy or processing of the personal data is contested.
- Right to Data Portability. You may be able to receive personal data for the purpose of providing that personal data to another controller, either by you or directly by AT&T.
- Right to Object. You may object, at any time and on grounds relating to your particular situation, that processing of personal data is unnecessary or excessive.
- Right to Avoid Automated Individual Decision-Making. You may not be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that has legal or similar affect.
Whether and how a right applies will depend upon the lawful basis by which the data is processed, the nature of the personal data requested, and AT&T's ability to determine that it holds responsive personal data. AT&T's provision of personal data in response to your request must not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
You may file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority and in other venues if allowed by law. The relevant data protection authority would most likely be, but is not necessarily limited to, the authority of the country in which you are located. You may additionally or alternatively seek judicial redress for alleged infringements of applicable law by AT&T. Questions on this AT&T International External Applicant Privacy Notice may be sent to AskPrivacy@att.com or AT&T’s Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com. Please include “ATT External Applicant question” in the email’s subject line.
Deletion requests can be sent to the HR Answers Mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “ATT International External Applicant – Data Deletion” in the email’s subject line.